Friday, March 5, 2010

Homemade Sports Drink

Another Friday food edition...



I read about this in Self magazine (maybe?). It's really easy--equal parts water and orange juice with just a bit of salt (for the electrolytes). I tried measuring how much I typically use and it's maybe a little more than 1/8 teaspoon.

I couldn't imagine drinking watered-down orange juice, so I've been using sparkling water. Yum--it's like orange soda. This is what I look forward to after each run. I don't take it with me, though--I like pulp in my orange juice, but I can't imagine trying to drink a pulpy drink while running.


I've got my weekend long run tomorrow. It might rain on Sunday, so I've decided to do it tomorrow. Once again, it'll be my longest run ever--6.5 miles. I'm excited for it!


~eca.

No comments:

Post a Comment