Monday, July 11, 2011

those resolutions

Oh, bother...it's now more than half way through the year. At the beginning, I had made some resolutions. Here's where I'm at:

Number one - read three classic books.
I'm a little more than a third through the goal. I finished Wuthering Heights which was painful. I kept waiting for something to happen, but the book ended without the ending that I wanted. And the whole part in between was incredibly slow. I've started reading Anna Karenina and I'm a little past the half point. However, it's another slow book that also happens to be about 3 times as long as Wuthering Heights. At this point, I'm just hoping to finish two-thirds of this goal.

Number two - take a picture every day.
Absolutely not. I can't even pretend. But maybe wedding/honeymoon pictures will count towards this? Then I could definitely catch up.

Number three - budget and follow that budget.
I've somewhat followed through with this. Buying a house definitely makes us pay more attention to our budget, but there are some growing pains with learning how to combine incomes and spend together. More on this later. Maybe.

Number four - run a half marathon.
I signed up for the Madison Half-Marathon, but by March my attention was waning. House shopping and buying, combined with wedding planning put an easy kabosh on running. Maybe I'll get one in this fall, but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment